Introduction to iPhoto file recovery:
In this page, you will come across a complete guide for learning how to regain deleted iPhoto images in one of the most highly assured ways of file restoration on Mac. What’s more, you will get to know what exactly iPhoto on Mac OS X systems is and what the various occasions are in which iPhoto images can get erased, lost or turn inaccessible to you. You can find the steps to perform recovery of deleted iPhoto pictures at the bottom of this page.
iPhoto is a software application invented by Apple Inc. that is used for editing, organizing, sharing, importing and printing pictures from various sources, all at one place. You are free to create your own albums, tag your friends in it, add effects and create slide shows, apart from other benefits. using this software. The application which comes as a standard software package with all Macintosh computers is used by millions of people across the globe for storing their precious moments and life events.
iPhoto files are stored in the iPhoto library by default, which can be found in Pictures folder on your Mac. This is the default location for all your images that are accessed using this application, unless you moved it to any other location on your system. Photos or folders can get erased from your Apple system due to many reasons such as accidental file erasure, improper usage, etc., to mention a few. It can be a very bad day for you when you wake up to only to find that all your iPhoto snaps are missing from your Mac.
Consider this real time instance:
“I have iPhoto version 8.1 running on my iMac which is operating on Mac OS X version 10.8. I extensively make use of iPhoto for storing and enhancing all photos that are favorite or important to me. So there should be over two thousand photos stored in my library. For a while now, I have been looking for my photos and movies, but I am not able to find them anywhere on my computer. Even the Finder app on my system is not able to locate them unless a copy of those files is stored in Documents or Downloads folder. Probably the snaps are deleted from my computer without my knowledge. Is it possible though? If yes, how can I get my precious snaps back? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.”
It is very much possible for iPhoto files to get deleted:
Apart from accidental erasure of files, there are many more situations that may lead in iPhoto files to get deleted from your Mac system or from an iOS device for that matter without your knowledge. Some of the most observed scenarios leading in file erasure are mentioned below. Have a look at them for clear understanding as to what might have been the reason for deletion in your case. After that, navigate to the end of this page for learning the steps to recover deleted iPhoto pics by making use of Remo Recover – a complete file restoration package for all editions of Mac OS X computers.
Most observed scenarios leading in file erasure:
- Accidental file deletion: You have mistakenly erased some of your important pics or videos from iPhoto library while executing any other task on your Macintosh system. For instance, you are trying to delete few unwanted data from your iMac’s volume and you inadvertently choose the wrong ones and deleted them
- File getting misplaced due to improper transfer: While transferring iPhoto files from Mac to any other system, you encounter a brutal data transfer error which resulted in the files getting lost from the original destination. In such situations, the files getting transported can go missing or turn inaccessible
- Inaccessible hard disk volumes: The hard disk drives can turn inaccessible due to various hazards such as drive damages, hard drive corruptions and more. This may cause the drive to get unmountable or corrupt
- Other actions causing deletion: Moreover, your Mac computer may face unidentified problems and errors due to which, all files stored on it such as photo in this case, can go missing
Whatever may be the action that resulted in iPhoto pictures getting deleted from your Mac OS X based system, the only solution remaining in order to get those items back is by making use of Remo Recover utility for restoring all missing or deleted images on Mac or any other Mac supported memory volumes.
First things first – Try this before proceeding with data restoration process:
There are a few data restoration features that come preinstalled with all Macintosh based systems. These features enable easy file retrieval in case of accidental file erasure, which you can learn from the internet- in case you already don’t know. There are cloud based features too that help you to backup your important contents to Apple servers. But if you are unable to utilize any of those options and you have lost or deleted important iPhoto files from your Mac OS X systems, you need not worry as Remo Recover is there to assist you in retrieving your valuable photos back.
Using Remo Recover to retrieve deleted iPhoto contents:
Remo Recover is a professional multi-functionality iPhoto file recovery tool, and in a way, a complete data recovery answer for all OS X based Mac / MacBook users. By availing this amazing utility, you can easily rescue all erased iPhoto files on your computer from any of the data loss situations described above.
Steps for retrieving iPhoto files on all OS X using Remo Recover:
- Download Remo Recover on your Mac computer and install it
- Launch the software and follow the simple on-screen steps to undelete erased iPhoto files
- Once all the files are retrieved successfully by the tool, you can view the recovered items using the inbuilt preview window of Remo Recover
- Eventually, save all retrieved iPhoto files to any preferred location on your OS X based system