MOV is a popular video file format supported by Mac as well as Windows operating system. You can play these .mov video files in Quick Time media player which is the default and common media player for MOV and other video files.
What if suddenly your favorite MOV file becomes unplayable when played on Mac computers and you don’t even know the reason behind it? You will definitely get upset and might scream out of frustration. But that’s not a proper solution for your problem as the file becomes inaccessible only when it gets corrupted.
Some of the error messages which you get when MOV file gets corrupted is as below:
- Unknown error has occurred in MOV file
- The format is not supported
- Wrong file format
- Unknown Error has found Error Code: “STOP 0x0000001A”
- Can not load “filename.mov”
- Unable to open filename.mov file
What to do if such error messages not allowing to play MOV files? Does this error messages mean that the MOV files are gone forever? No, they aren’t!!! You can still repair such corrupted .mov files that throws error messages with the help of Remo Repair MOV software.
Remo Repair MOV
Remo Repair MOV tool designed to fix corrupted .mov file in a secure way using its read-only mechanism. During repair process process the software never edits or damages your original MOV, it just extracts data from it and then starts fixing unplayable video by separating out both audio and video streams. Later, it adjoins both streams to create a new healthy file.
This utility effectively repairs corrupted MOV file on various version of Mac OS including Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard. In addition Preview option is provided so that you can view the repaired MOV file prior to restoration which helps you to make sure that your file is repaired correctly.
Other features of Remo Repair MOV
- Supports repairing of MP4 videos easily
- Using this program, you can easily repair MOV file stored on different storage devices like hard drives, FireWire drives, iPods, USB external hard drives and so on
- Even occurrence of error 2048 in QuickTime player which makes videos unplayable can also be fixed easily
- Supports some audio codecs like sowt, RAW, mp4a and video codecs such as avc1, mp4v, mjpeg
- Trial version of product is provided to check the performance of the software
- Free technical assistance is provided by support team to solve corruption issues and other product related queries
- Designed with intuitive user interface to facilitate simple and effortless repair MOV on Mac systems
- The software can fix .mov files recorded using different brands of cameras like Sony, Kodak, Samsung, Nikon, etc.
Some of the corruption issues that can be handled by Remo Repair MOV
- Interruptions During File Transfer: At the time of transferring MOV files from one system to another, if something goes wrong like abrupt ejection of external device might result in corruption of MOV file
- Compatibility Issues: MOV video files can be played only on certain supporting media players. If you are playing your MOV file using a media player which does not play MOV file, then chances of your MOV video getting corrupted is more
- Codec Issues:To play the movie files, the media player must contain a supporting codec. At certain situations the issues on codec can also impact while playing video files and damage it by altering file structure. Thus, it damages the video making them unplayable
- Other Reasons: Frequently changing MOV file formats, Improper audio video synchronization etc that can make the MOV video file corrupt which can be fixed by Remo Repair MOV