MOV is a well known video file format developed by Apple for QuickTime media player. This multimedia format is used for storing movies and other video files. Files saved in MOV format are compressed, which makes it easier for streaming or downloading.
Despite all these advantages and being a reliable video file format, MOV video files are sometimes prone to get damaged due to unfortunate incidences. And when MOV video file gets corrupted, it would suddenly freeze while playing, the video will not open or refuse to play on any media player. This is such an annoying situation, especially if it is an important video of your wedding, graduation, birthday or any other special event.
Well, you must be thinking how your .mov video got corrupted. There are many reasons for a video to get damaged. A few are listed here:
- If you play MOV video file on an incompatible media player, then the video is likely to get damaged
- Frequently changing the file extension of MOV video may corrupt it. For example, you might change MOV file format from .mov to .mp4. Then again you change it back to .mov extension. Repeatedly doing this corrupts the MOV video file
- Sometimes, you might use recovery tools to recover deleted or lost MOV videos. If it is an unreliable software, then MOV video files may get damaged after being recovered
- While transferring .mov video files from system to storage device, any interruption like power shut down or abrupt removal of storage device from the system may lead to the MOV video files getting corrupted
Some of the causes for MOV video file damage were seen. If you are of the opinion that your MOV video cannot be fixed once it is corrupted, then think again. Remo Repair MOV software fixes corrupt MOV files in a secure manner and makes it playable like before.
Remo Repair MOV to fix damaged MOV video file:
The tool is designed to repair damaged .mov video file in a simple process. It uses read-only mechanism to fix the corrupt video; where only the data from the MOV video is extracted. Next, the audio and video streams are separated, repaired individually and adjoined together to create a healthy file. Thus, during the entire repair process, the original file is not modified or damaged further.
Apart from damaged MOV repair, the application also fixes MP4 video files that are corrupt or broken due to various reasons. The utility is also capable of safely repairing .mov and .mp4 videos that have become corrupt after recovering them using unreliable tools. The repaired videos can be played on all versions of Windows and Mac operating systems, including their latest Windows 10 and Mac Yosemite versions.
Remo MOV Repair software also fixes MOV video captured on iPhones. It supports various iPhone models such as iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 6+. In addition, there are a wide range of camera and camcorder brands supported by the tool. MOV videos shot on Nikon, Canon, GoPro, Sanyo, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus, and many other brands can be easily fixed with help from this application.
Video and audio codecs supported:
- Video codecs: mjpeg, avc1 and mp4v
- Audio codecs: sowt, RAW and mp4a
Few precautions to prevent MOV video file damage:
- Do not frequently change the file format of MOV video
- Check for the authenticity of the tools that you use to convert or recover MOV video files
- Do not interrupt MOV file transfer process by ejecting storage device or memory card from the system