Moving your Outlook profile from one system to another seems to be easy, but there are several issues which might result in data loss. Make sure you have taken all necessary precautions before migrating your Outlook.
Here are few things that should be known before migrating Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is an email application utilized in most of the business organizations, IT sectors, educational institutes etc. Apart from emails, it can even store other Outlook attributes like contacts, calendars, appointments, notes, journals, tasks and many more in its PST file. PST stands for Personal Storage Table is a single folder used by Outlook for storing its entire information. This PST file will be located on your system’s hard drive.
So, when you want to transfer your Outlook from one environment to another, you will also move other items of it which includes contacts, calendars, tasks etc. To do so, you have many manual options like import export, copy paste etc. But, one thing you should be aware is all these methods will not move complete Outlook Items. Moreover, there are chances of losing data due to uncertain scenarios.
Now, you have purchased new Apple laptop and want to move all your Outlook data from old PC to new laptop. As discussed above, if you go for manual method you will not be able to transfer complete Outlook attributes. In some instances, you might even lose your Outlook data without your knowledge. So, is it impossible to migrate Outlook profile from one system to another?
The answer for your question is no but it depends on the method you choose to move your MS Outlook. With the help of Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate software you can easily transfer entire Outlook without any data loss. This tool will take backup of Outlook as well as migrate it safely. Unlike other methods, this utility will transfer complete Outlook including its contacts, calendars, settings etc. The settings need not be reconfigured in your new laptop. Apart from migrating Outlook profile, this tool includes built in scheduler to take backup of Outlook on regular basis or according to scheduled time.
More about Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate software
- You can transfer entire Outlook data file or any those attributes which are required
- Facilitates 2 backup options i.e. Automated Backup and Smart Backup
- Backup file can be protected from unauthorized users by assigning password to it
- You can also compress larger backup files or split into smaller units and can save in different locations
- 24*7 technical team will be available to solve any of your issues that arises during installation, migration or when taking backup
- Demo version can be installed to have knowledge about the software prior purchasing
Supported Outlook Versions – Office 365, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003
Supported Windows Version – Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008 server
Here are few scenarios where migration becomes mandatory
- Upgradation of Operating System – Since, Windows operating system keeps upgrading every now and then, to explore its features you might upgrade OS. In such cases, you tend to migrate Outlook
- Reinstallation of Outlook – Whenever you are facing difficulties in accessing Outlook, when it is not responding properly, taking longer duration to send and receive emails you tend to reinstall it and hence go for migration
- Microsoft Outlook Up gradation – As and when Outlook is updated to its new version with advanced features you will update it to explore its new features. In such scenarios, migration will help you to transfer entire Outlook without any data loss
- Formatting/Reformatting Hard Drive – Sometimes, you might format or reformat hard drive of your system to resize the existing storage space. In such instances, you might restore Outlook to other device to avoid data loss
- Reinstallation of Operating System – When your operating system is not booting properly, you will reinstall it. Hence, you will migrate the Outlook data to prevent it from data loss
Tips to remember
- Before migrating Outlook, have back of it without fail in any storage device which is free from malware
- Microsoft Outlook should be terminated appropriately
- Install licensed antivirus software on your system
- Update Outlook to its newer version